Re: [hatari-devel] "Desktop Info..." freezes with VDI mode

Am Sat, 12 Oct 2019 02:28:10 +0300

> Hi,
>
> I experimented a bit with this and came up with the attached test
> patch.
>
> Would it make sense to enable that stuff unconditionally for VDI?
>
> I don't think it would slow it down noticeably and VDI mode isn't
> significantly faster than normal ST/STE video mode anyway.

IIRC we had Timer-B enabled in VDI mode in the past, until someone
disabled it for performance reasons? So I'd rather not revert that now.
I think a better way to fix this is to add a TOS patch to disable that
loop in the affected TOS versions. We even already got a TP_VDIRES
condition that perfectly matches this case.