Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess title image in ST mode

Le 05/10/2019 à 14:32, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 05/10/2019 à 14:19, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
On 05/10/2019 at 13:05, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Sorry for the noise (but the menu/reset bug is still present).

which one exactly ? I don't see problem when changing settings and resetting. What is your scenario to show it ?

- Start Hatari in STe mode, with TOS 1.62 and Lethal Xcess floppies inserted
- Wait 1 or 2 second (no need to wait for boot).
- Press F12
- Change Machine to ST
- Change ROM to TOS 1.02
- Press OK with reset option
- Wait until bad title picture

I can reproduce this every time.
On the other hand, if I cold-boot with the very same settings, it works well.

I can get it too ; I will look into it.

Hi

This is an old bug I already saw but never had time to fix until now.
It's not related to starting with a specific TOS and changing it, it can happen each time you do a warm or cold reset byt jut pressing alt+C or alt+R for example.

Depending on the number of cycles of the cpu instruction that was executed just before the reset, the internal video counter can be permanently delayed by 2 cycles, which will mess all timing related effect like spectrum 512 images or overscan effect.

counters will now remain in sync after a reset and this problem should not happen anymore.