Re: [hatari-devel] new GEMDOS HD handling

On 10/5/19 9:21 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
I've just committed the rewrite of the GEMDOS HD handling now. Please
give it a try, it's been a major change, so there could be some
regressions. Also worth to mention:

- The cartridge is not gone completely yet, it's still used for the
   extended VDI resolutions

- The GEMDOS HD code still needs some few lines of 68k code - which
   is now patched into the end of the cartridge area. Not sure whether
   that's the best spot and way to do it ... if someone has a better
   idea, please let me know.

- The clearing of the BSS and heap is not blazing fast, especially
   compared to the state before, when the FASTLOAD flag has not
   been set in the program header (sorry, Vincent ;-) )

- The GEMDOS interception should now also continue if a PRG overrides
   the GEMDOS vector, since we do not mess with the handler now anymore.
   It might even work with MiNT now (but I haven't tried).

- I didn't check the symbol loading stuff in the debugger... Eero,
   could you please verify that it still works right?

Automatic symbol loading with GEMDOS HD doesn't work anymore.

I pushed a fix for that, along with some other changes
(mainly to TOS boot tester).

Additionally:
- GEMDOS tracing, and
- *.INF file overloading i.e:
  - auto-starting programs
  - TOS resolution option

work now only when GEMDOS HD is also enabled.

I haven't yet found out why.  You had removed GEMDOS_OPCODE
from these cases in your commits, but adding it back to
M68000_PatchCpuTables() when Cart_UseBuiltinCartridge()
returns true, didn't fix those.