Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari regression with TOS 2.05 (--fast-boot off, <2MB RAM)

Am Sun, 6 Oct 2019 19:46:19 +0300

> Hi,
>
> While running TOS bootup tester, I noticed that Hatari has regression
> with TOS v2.05 (regardless of TOS language version).
>
> If there's <2MB of ST-RAM and one uses "--fast-boot off" option,
> TOS never boots with ST, it just bus errors:
[...]
> It works also with MegaSTE, and some STE configs, failure is mainly
> with ST:
> hatari --fast-boot off -s 1 --machine st --tos tos205de.img
>
> This works fine with Hatari v2.0.0, but doesn't anymore in
> Hatari v2.2.1, i.e. it's a regression, a bit old one.

I assume you're using the correct version of TOS 2.05, the one that
works with plain STs, too? Original TOS 2.05 only worked on STEs, but
there are patched versions available in the internet which work on
both. Could you provide the md5sum of your TOS 2.05 image?

Anyway, if you've got some spare time, could you bisect the issue to
see where it broke?

 Thanks,