Re: [hatari-devel] Something broken in Hatari recently?

On 10/1/19 7:26 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 30/09/2019 à 23:49, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Check the icon texts in the attached screenshots. With latest Hatari
git version, TOS v4 fonts look broken.

This doesn't happen with 2.2.1 release, and I don't see it with TOS
v3/TT, or older TOS versions.

Nor with EmuTOS.  I guess it's using blitter differently from TOS v4
(e.g. not for all the things that TOS v4 uses it).

Neither cache emulation, prefetch nor
MMU options affect it. I haven't tested Falcon for a while, but I
think this is recent issue.

If you look at the TERRAIN.TRS file name in grab002.png image,
you can see that character 'R' is in some screen location rendered correctly, and in some other location incorrectly.  I.e. problem
isn't font data in ROM, but rendering it to screen (drawing of
the desktop folder contents utilizes blitter, but I think texts
are drawn with CPU). >>
Does somebody else see the same issue?

did you try to bisect to see when this first appeared ?

I made some small changes to blitter 1 or 2 weeks ago, don't know if that's related (although I didn't see regression with some games/demos I used for testing)

Bisect gave this commit as culprit:
commit f7855cae5e5d4e0ddc552cd6785119bb47c81d44
Author: Nicolas Pomarede <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Sep 12 22:18:44 2019 +0200

For the blitter, use x_count to decide to add src_x_incr or src_y_incr after reading each src word We use the same conditions as described in the blitter documentation, instead of handling
    an additional variable to count the number of reads

Reverting that patch, fixes fonts in TOS v4 desktop.