Re: [hatari-devel] TT emulation crashes when there is no ACSI drive

Am Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:03:00 +0200
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Freitag, 16. August 2019 08:39:24 CEST Christian Zietz wrote:
> > No, it isn't! The new process gets its own initial user *and*
> > supervisor stack.
>
> Hm, maybe. I had something in mind that the supervisor stack was only
> used for OS calls, but maybe i'm wrong. Lets see how Thomas tries to
> solve the problem, and whether disabling interrupts helps.

Disabling the interrupts seems to help in this case, to avoid the
crash, but unfortunately it is not a good solution either: If the
interrupts are disabled for too long (and clearing the of the BSS/heap
can take a while, especially with TT RAM), the mouse can not be moved
in that time frame anymore - and even worse, TOS gets confused of the
held back IKBD packages and recognizes wrong key presses afterwards.

So I think it's maybe best to finally get rid of this assembler kludge
now ... I'll try to rewrite the stuff in C in gemdos.c when I got some
spare time.