Re: [hatari-devel] ImPerfect Falcon 512b demo?

> Probably not. You would need a TOS that installs a FPSP first to emulate the
> missing instructions, like the ones from Hades or Milan, but i doubt that
> these would work in Hatari.
>
> BTW its not only about FPU instructions, a few integer instructions like
> 32*32->64 multiply also have to be emulated.

I don't know how UAE core is configured in Hatari but UAE has few
options when using 68060 (and 68040 FPU):

- Emulate every instruction, including those that real 68060 does not
support (MOVEP, 64-bit MUL.L etc). (UAE default)
- Emulate missing instruction exceptions = FPSP (or equivalent) is
needed to support missing instructions.
- FPU is "super FPU" that supports every FPU instruction. (UAE default).
Note that even 6888x does not support all FPU instructions, 68040+ added
single and double (FSxxx FDxxx) variants.
- FPU emulates missing instruction exceptions = FPSP is needed. This can
only work in softfloat mode because FPU exceptions need to be emulated
100% accurately. Host mode can't work with FPSP.