Re: [hatari-devel] Patches for Linux loader support

On 3/20/19 11:10 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Tue, 19 Mar 2019 01:18:08 +0200

Attached is patch series that would add --lilo option support.

Sounds strange that you can only specify the kernel parameters via
command line here.

They can be specified (only) in the configuration file.
This is same as with Aranym.

What about providing three parameters:

At this stage I don't want to clutter Hatari command line
args more, while Hatari still doesn't emulate Falcon well
enough to run Linux.

  --linux-kernel
  --linux-initrd

File names for those are standardized, produced by kernel
build procedure.

User has multiple options for handling different files:
- symlinking them
- changing their names from lilo.cfg
- having several versions of lilo.cfg
- having different files in different dirs and running Hatari
  from there (lilo.cfg filenames are without a path)

  --linux-params

(Unlike with Aranym) user *can* give additional kernel command
line args with the --lilo option.  If there are no args specified
in the config file, user actually specifies all of them with --lilo,
but I would expect users to normally have at least something in conf
file "Args" field.

... or something similar?

Extra options can be added later if needed.

But they need to be something that can be documented well
in the Hatari help output.  For now I feel more comfortable
doing that (in length) in the example lilo.cfg file.