Re: [hatari-devel] Linux bootup issues in Hatari

On Sonntag, 17. März 2019 08:59:46 CET Eero Tamminen wrote:

>I was thinking of adding separate fastram flags for kernel & initrd
>to Hatari lilo code

You should maybe check the debian-m68k mailing list first before doing so. The
LoadToFastRam option was once added by Andreas Schwab, because apparently some
kernels only worked when loaded to FastRam, some others only when loaded to
STRAM.

> Real HW doesn't necessarily have decent amount of TT-RAM.

Yes, but we are talking about emulators here. Checks for real HW are the task
of the bootstra.tos :) BTW, do you know of a current source for that program?

>Use-case is making a stripped down Linux kernel + user-space that
>can actually run on real HW.

Thats not an easy task. You definitely don't want to compile the kernel in
linux-m68k, not even in emulators, that would take ages. Also i think most of
the drivers are already compiled as modules, no idea what can be left out of
the kernel to make it smaller.

>I don't see them in https://github.com/aranym/aranym.git?

Oops. Now pushed.