Re: [hatari-devel] SCC-B support

Le 30/12/2018 à 20:07, Christian Zietz a écrit :
> Eero Tamminen schrieb:
>> If I've understood correctly:
>> * ST / MegaST / STE: 1 MFP serial port
>> * MegaSTE & TT: 1 MFP, 2x SCC serial ports
>
> Actually: Real TT: 2 MFP, 2 SCC serial ports, although one of the SCC
> ports is shared with the so-called "LAN" port of the TT. However, the
> second MFP of the TT isn't emulated by Hatari.

On 1/1/19 10:40 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:> Am Sun, 30 Dec 2018 20:43:10 +0200
* Falcon: 2 SCC serial ports >
As far as I know, the Falcon has only one serial port. SCC-A is
hard-wired to the "LAN" connector here (while it can be switched to a
normal serial connector for the TT and Mega-STE). The code that I've
copied from Aranym does not fully support the SCC-A channel yet, so not
sure whether it makes sense to provide a "--scc-a" parameter already...
Let's focus on SCC-B for now which is way more important, since it is
the only serial port of the Falcon.

In that case it could be more user-friendly if the file options
would talk about ports instead of Atari internal chips.

I.e. with these:

  --rs232-in <file>  Enable serial port, use <file> as input device
  --rs232-out <file> Enable serial port, use <file> as output device

being wired on Falcon to SCC-B, and to MFP-1 everywhere else.

With MegaSTE/TT eventually supporting additionally:

--rs232-2-in
--rs232-2-out
--rs232-3-in
--rs232-3-out
--rs232-4-in
--rs232-5-out

And those being mapped to MFP-2, SCC-A, SCC-B as explained
in the documentation.

Opinions?