Re: [hatari-devel] SCC-B support

On 12/29/18 8:50 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Fri, 28 Dec 2018 23:10:40 +0200
I've tried the Hatari SCC-B support a bit when testing EmuTOS
serial output support.

Some comments:
* SCC-B doesn't have separate files for input and output like
    normal MFP serial does (in case they're unidirectional pipes)
* Unlike MFP serial, SCC serial doesn't create the output file,
    instead it fails if it doesn't already exist

Well, yes, that code from Aranym was only meant to be used with
real /dev/ttyS* devices, not with normal files or pipes. I only added
some hack so far that it is possible to open normal files for output,
so it is usable with the "make test" regression tester, too...
But I agree with you, this should eventually become similar
to --rs232-out/in and --midi-out/in, too. I'll see what I can do...
>> * Although SCC-B is TT / Falcon specific, it gets still
    initialized for other machine types

That should be easy to fix... I pushed a patch now.

Verified.

If I've understood correctly:
* ST / MegaST / STE: 1 MFP serial port
* MegaSTE & TT: 1 MFP, 2x SCC serial ports
* Falcon: 2 SCC serial ports

So I guess we need something like following:

?

(And something similar in SDL GUI.)