Re: [hatari-devel] SCC-B support

Am Fri, 28 Dec 2018 23:10:40 +0200

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I've tried the Hatari SCC-B support a bit when testing EmuTOS
> serial output support.
>
> Some comments:
> * SCC-B doesn't have separate files for input and output like
>    normal MFP serial does (in case they're unidirectional pipes)
> * Unlike MFP serial, SCC serial doesn't create the output file,
>    instead it fails if it doesn't already exist

Well, yes, that code from Aranym was only meant to be used with
real /dev/ttyS* devices, not with normal files or pipes. I only added
some hack so far that it is possible to open normal files for output,
so it is usable with the "make test" regression tester, too...
But I agree with you, this should eventually become similar
to --rs232-out/in and --midi-out/in, too. I'll see what I can do...

> * Although SCC-B is TT / Falcon specific, it gets still
>    initialized for other machine types

That should be easy to fix... I pushed a patch now.