|Re: [hatari-devel] SCC-B support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] SCC-B support
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2018 07:50:52 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1546066255; bh=+2TwzbMrrdlO21iDXBdDr/ANF64NCuUhnnOLhNHW3U8=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=PP9MpzDW5f0oVozHnJY6a0O5hv7DJLwNQAVBLeOxHIRRqjTPPcLEIlpmD3QNRJKAF eaXaE0uZ9k3mwjwq94KImuRAq5iry/Oi53jgTbj+0Sf8P90nxACglAovR6dnhVUJtK QItq2wJugN0bR7hVmPAusJg7I9fWkfspz8wdbQp4KpYn1XLt7Wt3kgSTbDPnb9XHfO XeoG8vcwpUpK1sEoanxjfFHOMgiMYlxSsRd+UVZlstXzQHQLO4MpYd2ZVcE+Kx8Syo ZYtunkFLH2hEP/vQMVM0k7EtiUwUxSuGy7LkCbsqKKkDmzgfw6LYfqj4BuF5/OIovf 2TInb7tOO6TIg==
Am Fri, 28 Dec 2018 23:10:40 +0200
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> I've tried the Hatari SCC-B support a bit when testing EmuTOS
> serial output support.
> Some comments:
> * SCC-B doesn't have separate files for input and output like
> normal MFP serial does (in case they're unidirectional pipes)
> * Unlike MFP serial, SCC serial doesn't create the output file,
> instead it fails if it doesn't already exist
Well, yes, that code from Aranym was only meant to be used with
real /dev/ttyS* devices, not with normal files or pipes. I only added
some hack so far that it is possible to open normal files for output,
so it is usable with the "make test" regression tester, too...
But I agree with you, this should eventually become similar
to --rs232-out/in and --midi-out/in, too. I'll see what I can do...
> * Although SCC-B is TT / Falcon specific, it gets still
> initialized for other machine types
That should be easy to fix... I pushed a patch now.