|[hatari-devel] Compilation Problem: Debian 9.6 "apt install libsdl2-dev" fails: FIXED|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel List <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [hatari-devel] Compilation Problem: Debian 9.6 "apt install libsdl2-dev" fails: FIXED
- From: Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:18:58 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=charlescurley.com; s=default; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type: MIME-Version:Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date:Sender:Reply-To:Cc:Content-ID: Content-Description:Resent-Date:Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc :Resent-Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:List-Id:List-Help:List-Unsubscribe: List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive; bh=e/6IOriZNVNKC00IALeM2Y5QWyZE9RsPm5vZ3q7YaPk=; b=R1JrepRHpxmVas03dzOXfpAHhs /lHXu6Gv0GNFmZ1LQoSr55ogxCcXrv5gqJHFyLxyNv8/+mQAA92g+w3l8YBzuYzgLP0S0Odeo/Quj kPPtm6VhdZ4C9kKTM1d2ToqbH/fTXRIjjMCFhTVs0hGWLO6C8TmTaLP/iiARmUpcjWBVBWeW8GFig KWaewMxiQiIIWKxguSta2or3ti6jomnCMqfBrrS+/uN96+Y5b3wcKUdL5faejTmAEIcsp15bL6dUD U8HiQ1jnJMUL3yWiUs3ILYARA7y4/YXeGaKSGBYhHdFBkWgiKfGUJBLe4w/nrWIDNxo+lOcXdIs8J 9jlQ6oCA==;
- Organization: occasionally
Compiling hatari sounds like a good idea. Cmake informed me:
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Could NOT find SDL2 (missing: SDL2_LIBRARY SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find SDL (missing: SDL_LIBRARY SDL_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:118 (message):
SDL library not found!
So I checked to see what parts of SDL I do have:
root@hawk:~# pre libsdl
libsdl1.2debian 1.2.15+dfsg1-4 amd64
libsdl2-2.0-0 2.0.5+dfsg1-2 amd64
So I went to install the -dev package, and got:
root@hawk:~# apt install libsdl2-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libsdl2-dev : Depends: libegl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgles2-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
The problem, which apt did not indicate in its error message, is that
both libsdl packages has been installed from backports. The solution,
then, is to install the -dev package from there as well.
apt -t stretch-backports install libsdl2-dev
Just an FYI for future developers.
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but
the true distinction between it and barbarism is, that the one
presents a state of society under the protection of just and
well-administered law, and the other is left to the chance government
of brute force."
- The Rev. James White, Eighteen Christian Centuries, 1889
Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB