[hatari-devel] Compilation Problem: Debian 9.6 "apt install libsdl2-dev" fails: FIXED

Compiling hatari sounds like a good idea. Cmake informed me:

-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Could NOT find SDL2 (missing:  SDL2_LIBRARY SDL2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find SDL (missing:  SDL_LIBRARY SDL_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:118 (message):
  SDL library not found!

So I checked to see what parts of SDL I do have:

root@hawk:~# pre libsdl
libsdl1.2debian	1.2.15+dfsg1-4		amd64
libsdl2-2.0-0	2.0.5+dfsg1-2		amd64
root@hawk:~#

So I went to install the -dev package, and got:

root@hawk:~# apt install libsdl2-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 libsdl2-dev : Depends: libegl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libgles2-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
               Depends: libglu1-mesa-dev but it is not going to be installed
root@hawk:~#

The problem, which apt did not indicate in its error message, is that
both libsdl packages has been installed from backports. The solution,
then, is to install the -dev package from there as well.

apt -t stretch-backports install libsdl2-dev

Just an FYI for future developers.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but