Re: [hatari-devel] Patch: IDE support for sector sizes > 512 bytes

Am Sun, 11 Nov 2018 08:20:32 +0100
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> > Ok, I see your point - but if it's wrong in that case, it's also
> > wrong for the other cases (e.g. GPCMD_SEEK and
> > GPCMD_READ_CDVD_CAPACITY)...
> >
> > And since current QEMU (file hw/ide/atapi.c) also still contains
> > these shifts, I'd like to get this discussed with the folks from
> > QEMU first before we blindly fix this in the wrong way in Hatari
> > only... I'll try to remember to ask this on the qemu-devel mailing
> > list next week.
>
> Yes, that's a good idea. I was already wondering whether the QEMU code
> that is used for Hatari is updated based on changed in QEMU now and
> then?

No, the code bases diverged too much since I copied the code from QEMU.
For example, in Hatari all ATAPI command code is still in this huge
switch-case statement while in QEMU, it has been refactored into
separate functions at one point in time. And since QEMU has a quite
complex block layer below the device emulation, it's also not so easy
to merge this code back into Hatari again, so I don't plan to do a
full sync for this again in the future.