|Re: [hatari-devel] Patch: IDE support for sector sizes > 512 bytes|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Patch: IDE support for sector sizes > 512 bytes
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 08:32:59 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1541921596; bh=9hIZXKFW66+NdlmiAC0G54ORVPtWbq2y4Q2rqB0FrXU=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Tcuys9IVY4gU3XdhU1ds2QHm077BqF8XzprYCASzN55GmAruI3cmWZbIy6T/OtnDA AX/3MpZ6q1yisc9eutucBbuSXqIBvM1vj/ufsz4WBD71QqCYfqBVp6LuZ2j7Ic9M2L BA3xlIohexklVfzow9Dwr5CDXhVejqO2LcOOPG+ToaPwAqt6yZUvBMlWwyRkuatNU9 /x1+msRwuutshBQhsj8e9iZzfOdHwlLcPwi5zgeK58zzeyqzPPrs8mrSO/keBCJKs+ LPD1nc+VnbNDi9sPx/l8PAs0kmxjQRc8wDy/WKUHpKHmyBPKl+Yxmdm7Hxv82PIo/s FPsOA0m3aDfDg==
Am Sun, 11 Nov 2018 08:20:32 +0100
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> > Ok, I see your point - but if it's wrong in that case, it's also
> > wrong for the other cases (e.g. GPCMD_SEEK and
> > GPCMD_READ_CDVD_CAPACITY)...
> > And since current QEMU (file hw/ide/atapi.c) also still contains
> > these shifts, I'd like to get this discussed with the folks from
> > QEMU first before we blindly fix this in the wrong way in Hatari
> > only... I'll try to remember to ask this on the qemu-devel mailing
> > list next week.
> Yes, that's a good idea. I was already wondering whether the QEMU code
> that is used for Hatari is updated based on changed in QEMU now and
No, the code bases diverged too much since I copied the code from QEMU.
For example, in Hatari all ATAPI command code is still in this huge
switch-case statement while in QEMU, it has been refactored into
separate functions at one point in time. And since QEMU has a quite
complex block layer below the device emulation, it's also not so easy
to merge this code back into Hatari again, so I don't plan to do a
full sync for this again in the future.