Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari segfault on cold boot with MMU + EmuTOS

Le 28/10/2018 à 23:14, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

Following segfaults latest Hatari from Mercurial:

* hatari --cpulevel 3 --mmu on --tos etos512k.img
* use AltGr-C to cold boot after EmuTOS bootup logo
   (sometimes, very rarely, you need do this more than once)

-> Hatari NULL pointer access segfault with stack corruption
    i.e. I can't get backtrace with Gdb (or valgrind)

There's no Hatari crash, if I instead:
* disable MMU
* use any other CPU level than 030 (= different MMU)
* use Hatari build from May -> crash is a regression
* use original Atari TOS -> different MMU setup?
* do warm boot

It happens only with 030 MMU + EmuTOS + cold boot.

One can use any machine ST/TT/Falcon, it happens with
all of them, if one specifies 030 MMU for them.

EmuTOS version needs to support MMU i.e. be 256k or
512k one, and v0.9.1 or newer.

Can somebody else reproduce this?

Hi

I tried with this line, and get no crash :

hatari -d '' --machine tt --tos ~/Emul/ST/tos/emutos097.img -s 8 --ttram 0 --mmu on --addr24 off --cpu-exact off --compatible off --conout 2

I press alt+c when emutos logo appears and display the machine setup :

                       EmuTOS Version: 0.9.7
                       CPU type:       M68030
                       Machine:        Atari TT
                       ST-RAM:         8 MB
                       GEMDOS drives:  AB
                       Boot time:      2018/10/29 11:03:44

Maybe you have different RAM size or CPU is set to cycle exact ? (I tried CE mode, and no crash either)

Can you try after removing hatari.cfg to be sure we have the same defaults to do this test ?