Re: [hatari-devel] asm56000.ttp problem

Am Mon, 1 Oct 2018 21:31:03 +0300
[...]
> Why 56000 would do those extra Fseek()s *only* with GEMDOS HD?
>

> The only differences in GEMDOS (and XBIOS) calls I had noticed
> were:
>
> * GEMDOS HD returning higher FD indexes from Fopen(), to avoid
>    conflicting with TOS internal FD values.

Well, guess what: That's exactly the issue with this program: It
expects small file handles. I guess the author blindly assumed that
file handles would always be less than 40 or something similar ... it
seems to work if you decrease BASE_FILEHANDLE in gemdos.c for example
to 12 instead of 64. ==> IMHO it's a bug in the program, not in Hatari.
This could also happen with real TOS if it uses bigger file handles for
some reasons. I don't think there is a clean way to fix this on the
Hatari side, since Hatari certainly has to stay out of area that TOS
uses for its file handles.