Re: [hatari-devel] Data access breakpoints?

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 21:49, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
unfortunately it's not supported yet, as this requires to intercept all
read/write acceses and can have much more impact on emulatoin speed than
just checking PC value for example.
Trust me, it can't be slower than trace cpu_disasm ;-)

So, you can't detect read access, but you can detect write accesses if
the value is changed. For example :
b (0xff8260.b) ! (0xff8260.b)
will break each time resolution is changed in $ff8260.
Yes, I'm aware of this. However as I mentioned, if I'm interested where in code a certain operation happens (accessing Videl for instance), sometimes it writes the same value again and again so this wont work.

I was thinking about something like

b (0xff8260.b) ! (0xff8260.b) || (0xff8260.b) = (0xff8260.b)

but I guess that would trigger every single cycle, not only when written.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org