Re: [hatari-devel] SCSI emulation

 Hi Uwe,

Am Sat, 25 Aug 2018 19:25:26 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Interesting news! Looks as if this is Falcon SCSI, not TT SCSI?

Yes, this is only for the Falcon right now, for TT SCSI we still lack
emulation of the second MFP.

> I started Hatari with
>
> hatari --machine falcon --tos /opt/atari/tos404.img --scsi
> 1=/home/us/hatari/scsi.img --trace scsidrv,scsi_cmd
>
> But there is no further mention of any SCSI related activity on the
> console, and HDDRUTIL's ID check only finds the IDE devices.
>
> Is there anything else I should configure?

No, that command line is good. You just hit a bug: I only tested the
emulation with the default SCSI ID 0 so far (i.e. I was using the
--scsi parameter without "1="), and apparently I forgot to set the
selected SCSI ID in one of the many variables. Should be fixed now!

Note that the SCSI code is is a "marriage" of Hatari's SCSI command
emulation layer (that has only been used for ACSI so far), with the
NCR5380 and SCSI bus state emulation code from WinUAE. It already took
quite a while to make them play nice together, so you likely have to
expect some more oddities here. Did I already mention that it is still
"experimental" ;-) ?