Re: [hatari-devel] Patch for CAPS5 better support

Le 14/08/2018 à 19:58, David Savinkoff a écrit :
----- On Aug 14, 2018, at 5:46 AM, Azamat Hackimov azamat.hackimov@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm afraid, that not optimal solution for package distribution.
Commontypes.h is spsdeclib package's file, and I as maintainer of hatari
package not allowed to change external package.

It is possible to patch an external package.
With .rpm packages, it is common to have several
original tarballs included which are extracted then
patched and compiled. Rehat, Fedora, CentOS
and others always do this (note that the external
package uses the original tarball).
This patch could be applied to either Hatari or
CAPS5

The problem may be, however, that CAPS5 will
adopt different headers when they get around to
fixing the problem. (can this be avoided?)

I think I can do some #ifdef CAPS5 and define these types inside hatari.

Yes, many distro are adding their own patches to the upstream sources before building their packages, so it doesn't seem uncommon to me if one patches Commontypes.h to add the missing typedefs.

I don't think a new release of capslib is planned in the near/immediate future, so this might be the "best" solution for now.