|Re: [hatari-devel] Patch for CAPS5 better support|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Patch for CAPS5 better support
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 11:58:03 -0600 (MDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1534269483; bh=I9+IMsG35O3IruSDYkI7+Ew9eGAjuaEc9s0v+It0fII=; h=Date:From:To:In-Reply-To:Subject; b=Pc0eVZor/zV2shJsW7r4aCyKtYKGq9U56ck8wGD7pkPWjl5M5HJLvdg1dnTevSaSU gD00ODpxNXIhWvoXjUUH21AiwZ2GmSYMmRxXL4yIdXhnAqvkGaI6f/ps8faDVUb4GY VzrtSIJezKlIehSWCI+3VqGKmZw+tDTXdTkN3n8x3Wjkq81JZuqjJpIRPaE8gPwpRN 6I3BwVzI89Vyo3J+IsWZrzT8l/gH20gUXKRmSfwxvUwf7mM/0cj49LeB3rcoq2CtCv SkJiafy6aHBF/0/uskHMd1CXXm4iIyZ1a2XoSmmbl47NRaGkYeKDgbQsDPsxV6HfSJ SClJPesxtnDsA==
- Thread-index: IFbJnKTtcYYgzLYeCZl2q2+8nJjccQ==
- Thread-topic: Patch for CAPS5 better support
----- On Aug 14, 2018, at 5:46 AM, Azamat Hackimov azamat.hackimov@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm afraid, that not optimal solution for package distribution.
> Commontypes.h is spsdeclib package's file, and I as maintainer of hatari
> package not allowed to change external package.
It is possible to patch an external package.
With .rpm packages, it is common to have several
original tarballs included which are extracted then
patched and compiled. Rehat, Fedora, CentOS
and others always do this (note that the external
package uses the original tarball).
This patch could be applied to either Hatari or
The problem may be, however, that CAPS5 will
adopt different headers when they get around to
fixing the problem. (can this be avoided?)
> I think I can do some #ifdef CAPS5 and define these types inside hatari.