Re: [hatari-devel] FPU status register handling & fmovem.x bugs

On Freitag, 1. Juni 2018 09:17:51 CEST Andreas Grabher wrote:

> Are you using SoftFloat or native float emulation for this test?

TBH, not sure; i'm using a version i compiled myself, without setting any options.

>might be caused by native floats being only 64 bit wide.

But that's unnecessary. At least on linux and win32, all relevant functions also exist for long double. You might not get bitwise exact values, due to differences in rounding, but you could represent at least the whole range.

>The value in FPCR seems to match the documentation.

I don't think so:

Bits 3-0 should read as zero.

>From FPSR I would have expected 0x0FFFFFF8 according to the documentation.

Maybe. Bits 0-2 are left empty in the description, so they seem to be undefined.