Re: [hatari-devel] Handing WinUAE CPU core write_log()

Am Sun, 6 May 2018 18:28:00 +0300

> Hi Thomas,
>
> What do you think of the attached way of handling
> WinUAE CPU core write_log()?
>
> It uses C99 feature to map write_log() to Log_Printf()
> instead of the bWriteLog stuff you added a while ago.

Basically a good idea, but does that really work? IIRC I once tried
something similar, but I ran into some problems ... isn't write_log
also required for build68k and gencpu? But we do not link the log
code to these binaries, do we? Have you tried rebuilding Hatari
completely this way?

Anyway, you certainly don't need these "C99" comments in the sourcecode
here - we already use __VA_ARGS__ in a couple of places already, so this is
already a prerequisite for building Hatari.