Re: [hatari-devel] Logging prefixes (was: Recent Hatari change problems)

Am Sun, 29 Apr 2018 20:16:28 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 04/28/2018 01:07 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Wed, 25 Apr 2018 01:17:59 +0300
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> I commited updated version of the change and some other
> >> output reductions for the default log level.
> >>
> >> Few of these probably should also be using Log_Printf():
> >> 	grep printf src/*.c|grep -i warn
> >
> > Yes, they need closer manual inspection, but we should likely
> > convert them to Log_Printf, too.
>
> Done, also to many other places.  Please mail if you notice
> anything funky.
>
> Everything relevant should now be converted to use logging
> except for CPU core / floppy / hd image code.
>
> Logging functions add now log level prefix to all log
> messages so it's easy to seem what isn't using logging
> functions.

Sounds like a good idea. But could we maybe change the prefixes so that
they all have the same length, i.e. that the real messages are all
aligned to a column? I think that would look nicer. We could for example
use:

FATAL:
ERROR:
WARN :