Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound

Le 14/04/2018 à 18:23, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
On 14/04/2018 at 18:00, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
By the way, do you hear the same artefact with Hatari 2.0 ?

Hmm... No, definitely!
When present, it can easily be heard in the first 2 or 3 seconds of the main Lethal Xcess menu.

So that 7 KHz oddity is a regression in Hatari 2.1.
We have progressed.

With current HG sources, I have also commented out DmaSnd_GenerateSamples() as a test.
Result: Good YM music, no DMA digidrums, and no 7 KHz issue
It seems to indicate that the 7 KHz artifact comes from the DMA, unless I'm mistaken...

Indeed ; you can also try to modify dmaSnd.c to remove the YM in the mixing to see if the bad sound are present when playing only the DMA part.
To do so, around line 536, force mixing to be dma only :

microwire.mixing = 0;