|Re: [hatari-devel] Screenshots are saved in Hatari installation directory|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Screenshots are saved in Hatari installation directory
- From: Bob Carpenter <hatari@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:17:13 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ripon89-us.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=eOb1Tfuuj31/WiVbs7b0RnCEdDXHfvedxSNg9wxbpmc=; b=J+aL6CUR+UUJDpU1EF8DOQsmPRpdhCD5ttbT//8qkOEKnVkYgsHfvGGm2bGykHqt51 5iMHnYxsDcTKd6s0zR9mm9p5E/HUWvlobHKA8L7hDcjsSC3r976fnLP1C+qz0gE68emW pnM5Atqm7uKFm/Bm2Vr64Znc+wTz3cytgjnWsQ+SZGZCk1TYk1ClXAz++cF32YqYSaz8 0PEilOzp6KdwYBomquBEcE7jX9hebhEsyY26/ciaojVm/kawDmmqef4zLi7+G6+E3Dyw qchH1ZTa7+QlYj2x0sgZ9DI6bkyvOmB6HeCoL4JS0f9+4zl5IJfjKmdZ1IrpbMJMXbUl QBdg==
It would be great if one of you wanted to work on this. However, if you do this, I would ask you to query the macOS system default screenshot directory rather than assuming it is ~/Desktop. That is because there are utilities (for example, TinkerTool) that allow you to change this value. You can also run a defaults command from Terminal to do this.
If we support this, it should save screenshots exactly where the macOS user requested them to be saved which may be different than the system default.
If we don't want to add UI specifically for this, and don't see a need for other platforms, then I suggest adding macOS specific code that simply saves to ~/Desktop/ instead of the working directory.
That's where macOS saves screenshots taken using the built in OS screenshot mechanism, so it's somewhat more expected by macOS users already.
-------- Original Message --------
As I don't put Hatari in the Application folder, I never though that could be a problem.
I can add a directory chooser to select a default folder where to save capture.
It's the case for Video Record, isn't it ?
But when my MB will be back, didn't ' boot better this morning....
Envoyé de mon iPhone
Please find hereafter the description of a new bug:
Hatari Version: 2.1.0_3_osx
Host OS: macOS 10.13.3
Description : Screenshots are saved in Hatari installation directory.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Hatari in a folder, run the emulator, take screenshots and verify that these screenshots (grabxxxx.png files) are saved in that foder.
- Do the same operation with the Applications folder (install Hatari there) and check that screenshots are now saved in the Applications folder!
This is a bit... unexpected (for macOS users at least :) )