Re: [hatari-devel] screen no more "refreshed" when Hatari is paused with SDL2 ?

Although the problem seems to be solved now, there is an interesting thing
that i just got aware off.

SDL2 always ask the window manager to disable composition. In my case (i'm
using a NVIDIA driver) this has the bad effect of disabling the taskbar. If
the application crashes or, even worse, has the mouse grabbed and hangs, that
renders the whole desktop useless, and you aren't even able to kill the app
since all hotkeys are redirected to the application. Only thing that worked
for me is to switch to a text console, and shutdown the system to single-user
mode.

In KDE, it is possible to disallow an application to block composition in
system settings > display and monitor > compositor.