Re: [hatari-devel] 68000: Wrong order of bus accesses for move.l xx,-(Ay)

>> Fortunately I don't need to care about bus
>> errors that much
>
> I just wonder: wasn't there a m68k linux port for the amiga available? How did
> they implement Virtual memory, without bus-errors?

I meant hardware generated (external to CPU) bus errors. CPU internally
generated (MMU) bus errors work normally.

This discussion is only about 68000 which has undefined write orders
(and more) and undefined register contents when it generates address or
bus error exception if instruction that generated it modified any
register(s).

This does not affect 68020+ which does not have undefined behavior in
this situation.