Re: [hatari-devel] OS compatibility documentation for builds?

On 12/01/2017 06:27 PM, Matthias Arndt wrote:
Am Thu, 30 Nov 2017 22:48:02 +0200

After some discussions on atari-forum, I think there are some
things that we could improve in documentation for the end users.

Yes I fully agree with those actions but it leaves something else for
discussion.

We have a source of "software under test" versions for Windows.
Do we have a chance to organize an official Windows build and test
cycle?

Proper testing is so much work that IMHO it makes sense only
for release candidates.

But if somebody happens to test some specific commit on specific
Windows version (e.g. to check whether some commit actually fixed
his/her problem), and tells about that, it's good to make a note
of whether basic stuff worked or not, for regression tracking.

As most others on here, I use Linux for building. I only run Hatari
Windows binaries (most likely outdated) from time to time with minor
issues.

tldr;
What is the official distibrution point for *tested* Windows
builds of Hatari?

Only release binaries (and release candidates) are tested.
Release binaries are available through Hatari download page.

(And for those it would be good to document on which
Windows versions they were tested to work, or not to work.)