Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari on Raspberry Pi

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 09/29/2017 03:13 PM, Christer Solskogen wrote:
I've been experimenting with both hatari and amiberry (Amiga emulator) on
my RPi3 lately, and I've seen some trouble with SDL. SDL2 versions seems to
be very slow, unless I run hatari in console/framebuffer and with SDL1 it
don't quite seem like I can get a "full" full-screen. Anyone else seen that?

Do you get HW acceleration with SDL2, or is it running through LLVM software OpenGL driver?

What "glxinfo | grep -e renderer -e version" tells?

I've tried all drivers. Legacy, vc4-fkms-v3d and vc4-kms-v3d. The so-called hw acceleradted is not so much accelerated in my opinion.
SDL2-0.6 (and perhaps 2..0.5?) have a own rpi driver for the legacy driver, and that works OK in console/framebuffer but not in X11. The SDL2 rpi driver is not in by default, so you have to compile SDL yourself on a rpi.
With kms and fkms hatari won't go fullscreen at all (but sound still plays) and window mode is slow. Try with the Aciiiiid demo, the it will skip frames and sound will stutter.
What I'm not so sure about is if this has anything to do with me running with the latest Raspbian version (stretch) and not jessie.

fake-kms and kms driver reports:
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on VC4 V3D 2.1

Thomas: I'm running default. Guess that is 32bpp.
(Oh, and my resoution is 1280x720@60Hz)