Re: [hatari-devel] New cycle exact bus sharing for blitter

Le 11/08/2017 à 16:23, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Hi

I just committed some new blitter code that will handle bus sharing between blitter and CPU as a real STE (or STF with a blitter) would do.

This cycle accurate blitter mode will be enabled when using the 68000 in CE mode (as for emulating an STE)

Hi

as an extra funny feature, I added a "blitter-o-meter" to the status bar.

Depending on the blitter's usage during each VBL (from 0 to 100 %), the blitter's led will be filled with a lighter color.

For example, check "We Were" or the latest DHS demos (Sea of colors, ....) to see it in action.

This is only for the SDL UI version, someone will need to add it to the OSX version if people want it too.

By the way Anders, while checking Sommarhack 2017 invitation demo in mega STE mode, I noticed the blitter-plasma part is shifted. Is this supposed to work on real mega STE, or is this what the readme meant by "the plasma is eight pixels shorter every scanline, due to a slower blitter" ?