Re: [hatari-devel] Doc install error.

Am Thu, 20 Jul 2017 22:47:29 +0200
schrieb Cocoa Pod <cocoa.pod@xxxxxxx>:

> MacBook Pro, Sierra, Xcode 8.3
>
> Hi,
> to suppress errors I change the default path /usr/local  in  ~/Local
> "make install"   installs files in folders ~/Local/bin and
> ~/Local/share. List of these files is in the HTML file below. What I
> find curious: I change the installation path, then immediatly after
> the installation I delete all files listed in HTHML file then I
> launch Hatari. Hatari seems to work correctly.

The hatari binary is pretty much self-contained. The only thing that is
used by the binary is the hatari-icon.bmp - but the binary can still
run without it, you just don't get a nice icon for the Hatari
application in your menu bar.
All the other files are just documentation etc. for the users.

> Is it really necessary to keep these files under OSX?

Why do you try to use "make install" under OSX at all? "make install"
is used for classic unix-like operating systems where the programs are
installed in various folders under /usr ... but on OSX, you use the
Application bundles instead, so this does not quite match, does it?