Re: [hatari-devel] little problem with 060 CPU and prefetch or cycle exact modes

Am Thu, 6 Jul 2017 10:42:54 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 05/07/2017 à 23:45, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got a problem with the 060 CPU :
> >
> > If I run hatari with 060 CPU and prefetch mode AND cycle exact
> > unchecked, hatari runs well.
> >
> > But If I check (activate) either "prefetch mode" or "cycle exact",
> > the desktop displays very very slowly.
> >
> > Is it a bug in hatari ?

I can not reproduce that problem. What are your other CPU settings?
CPU frequency, MMU, ...? Which TOS version are you using?

Also, I assume you're using the mercurial tip? Or are you referring to
the 2.0 release version?

> For now, don't use prefetch or cycle exact for 68060, even it didn't
> slow down Hatari, you wouldn't see any better results anyway (there's
> no cycle exact mode for 68060).

Yes, agreed, but we should try to fix that slow-down anyway to prevent
that other users accidentially end up in this situation, too.