Re: [hatari-devel] Building Hatari 2.xx on Windows platform (?)

Le 27/06/2017 à 11:47, Douglas Little a écrit :
Hi,

Can anyone direct me towards instructions for building Hatari on the Windows platform?

I'm still able to produce Cygwin builds but they are horrible - must be run under X terminal, the mouse is ... uncontrollable ... and the sound doesn't work at all :-/

I also tried cmake under mingw and that really didn't work for a list of reasons I won't bother to go into here.

So I imagine it's supposed to be Visual Studio (?) via NMake or something? Oddly the C files won't build directly under Visual Studio 2013 unless built as C++, due to the dialect being C99-ish. Which adds to the general confusion on how this code should be correctly built.

Any help / links / examples would be welcome!

Hi

can't really tell as I don't have windows. Does it fail for both SDL1 and SD2 builds ?

I cross compile under Linux using mingw and I never saw any of the problem you mention (neither with the daily build from antartica.no).

In case no one has the answer, maybe you could setup a small VM image with a minimal linux distro and just cross compile under linux too and use the resulting binary under windows ?