Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Feature request: allow to specify "-d" with autostart

On 22 May 2017 at 1:46, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to look into this but run into a problem.
>
> Is there documentation on the DESKTOP/NEWDESK/EMUDESK.INF files
> #E line that is valid for all TOS version?

For EMUDESK.INF, "use the source, Luke".  Although generally I (and previous
developers) have made an effort to make EMUDESK.INF as much like
DESKTOP.INF/NEWDESK.INF as possible, don't expect that it will always be the
same.

Attached is a PDF (in English) which describes DESKTOP.INF & NEWDESK.INF. I
think it's fairly accurate.

By the way, as of a fairly recent release, there is now a "Release" line (#R)
in EMUDESK.INF.  This will change when there are changes to the format of
EMUDESK.INF that are not backward-compatible, so that EmuTOS can determine how
to parse the contents (and so that we shouldn't need a NEWEMU.INF file in the
future).

Roger