Re: [hatari-devel] Blitter emulation corner case

Hmmm.

I'm not convinced that your code is completely correct. You appear to use the blitter in NO-HOG mode and simplify the blitter start to

while (LINE_NUM & 0x80)
    continue;

As far as I understand, this will assign only one single portion of 64 "NOHOG"- bus cycles to the blitter. As you do not restart the blitter until finished (which required a RMW cycle to LINE_NUM[BUSY] until its eventually signalling a zero bit, to my understanding), it might get into some kind of undefined state (assuming it needed more than these initial 64 cycles to finish which is something I don't know) affecting further tests. We also do not know if there is any difference between Falcon and ST blitters regarding the number of cycles it might need for certain operations (at least I don't).

Of course this is a shot into the dark and could only explain any difference from the second round onwards but might be worth a try.