Re: [hatari-devel] TOS 2.06 / TT

Am Sun, 12 Feb 2017 21:47:03 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On 02/12/2017 09:02 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Sun, 29 Jan 2017 22:11:56 +0200
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >>
> >> I noticed that you commited this change.  However, for
> >> some reason TOS version initated switching from TT to STE
> >> (TOS 2/1.6) or ST (TOS 1.4) doesn't work, the resulting
> >> machine configuration doesn't boot?
>
> With tracing, I found that the machine actually boots
> up fine, only problem is with display, it's black.
>

> > Works for me. Do you've got maybe something special in
> > your config file?
>
> Yes.  it happens with this:
> 	hatari --borders off --machine tt --tos tos206uk.img
>
> If I use "--borders on", i.e. enable overscan support,
> everything works fine.
>
> How that can be a problem???

Interesting bug ... but it is fixed now: The problem basically
was that the initial window was created by the generic screen
convert functions, but due to the machine switch, we finally ended
up the ST/STE screen convert functions here - and since the window
resolution stayed the same, Screen_SetSDLVideoSize() returned false
so that Screen_SetupRGBTable() was never called and thus Hatari only
rendered black pixels.