Re: [hatari-devel] How to detect Hatari?

On 02/04/2017 08:48 PM, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Saturday 04 February 2017 12:17:14 Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Maybe we could add a more complex scenario to trigger emulator specific
functions, something that no program is supposed to do by luck

Thats what natfeats are for. No program that does not expect to be run under
an emulator will use them. I think the best thing would be to enable them by
default. Even if you don't really use them, is is always useful to be able to
display the NF_NAME result at least.

NatFeats isn't enabled by default because Hatari may be configured
to expose NatFeats functionality that could conceivably be a security issue (= direct access to Hatari debugger, same as XBios(255) with
--bios-intercept).

Individual users can enable NatFeats by default by setting
in hatari.cfg file following item to TRUE:
[Log]
bNatFeats = FALSE

NatFeats also changes behavior of one (normally unused)
opcode.