Re: [hatari-devel] How to detect Hatari?

On 04/02/2017 à 11:56, Miro Kropáček wrote:
This is true but somebody has created a special target for FreeMiNT called
"minthat.prg", which keeps old GEMDOS filesystem handling and some other
bits. And I'd like to detect when this kernel should be loaded, instead of
regular "mint000.prg".

If Hatari emulation was so good that software can't notice they don't run on real hardware, then there won't be any need for Hatari-specific software such as minthat.prg ;-) IMHO NatFeats should be automatically enabled when GEMDOS drive emulation is used, because Hatari can't be furtive anymore.

Anyway: As I understand, your need is not really to detect Hatari: it is to detect if someone has added a virtual drive by hooking the GEMDOS trap (as Hatari GEMDOS drive emulation does). So you can check the trap #1 vector at 0x84, and see if it has been hacked (i.e. pointing to cartridge space).

--
Vincent Rivière