Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon video counter

On 11/18/2016 07:55 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
your patch modifies videl_s structure, which will change the memory
snapshot, making it incompatible with hatari 2.0.0.

When doing so, please update VERSION_STRING to sthg different in
memorySnapShot.c else we'll get unexpected crashes when restoring
snapshot from different devel versions.

Done.

I think that by using "packed" attribute for "videl" structure
and modifying it a bit [1], it would have been 100% compatible.

I try to avoid packed attribute though, so I opted for version
change instead.

	- Eero

[1] By adding uint8_t dummy as second member and moving
Uint16 vertFreqCounter member to end.  "packed" attribute
would avoid latter being padded to 32-bit by the compiler
(to make struct aligned to its largest member size).