Re: [hatari-devel] Fix display of Atari logo with extended VDI resolutions

On Friday 18 November 2016 11:53:05 Thomas Huth wrote:

> I've committed it already.

Thanks.

>  need to ponder a little bit longer on
> that one...

No problem.

>It does also give a bus error with TOS 3.06, but it patches the bus
>error vector right before that instruction:

Oh now that you mention it ;) In 2.08 the access was done much earlier though.
I think also that is has a different purpose: In 3.06 that seems to be some
magic involving refresh rate of the TT-RAM. In 2.08 this seems to be an
addtional check wether memory has already been configured.

>I though you said the TOS 2.0
>and 3.0 were based on the same sources?

Yes, but that does not mean they are completely identical. The BIOS of 2.06
does not have support for TT-RAM, for one thing. And 2.08 is a bit different
again compared to 2.06 (the Waketime call is implemented there for example).

>I don't have that ST-Book TOS, so I can't look that up

It took me also some time to find one, and finally found one in some link in
atari.forum.com: http://www.atari-forum.com/download/file.php?id=26328

> Was the ST-Book Mega-STE compatible?

I think so. But i never had one so i can not tell for sure.

> If not, it should be sufficient to set the type to Mega-ST only?

That should also work. But you won't have support for the MSTE clock then for
example.