Re: [hatari-devel] Fix display of Atari logo with extended VDI resolutions

Le 17/11/2016 à 23:36, Thorsten Otto a écrit :
On Thursday 17 November 2016 20:37:21 David Savinkoff wrote:
Doesn't patching ROM make it possible to detect the emulator ?

I dont' understand that question...

I guess he means that since ROM has a different CRC, then a program could check it and see if the tos is altered, which could mean program is running under an emulator.

But we already have several patches that do the same and even our gemdos HD emulation is seen as a cartdridge running at $FA0000 which is sometimes detected by the protection of some demos or games (which will refuse to start unless HD emulation is disabled), so there's nothing new here : non standard enhancements often require patches to TOS and can be detected at run time. If you want an "undetectable" emulator, don't use Hatari's specific features such as HD, VDI, ...