|Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari manual|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari manual
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 19:09:33 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1477501773; l=1173; s=domk; d=seimet.de; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Disposition:Content-Type:MIME-Version: References:Subject:To:From:Date; bh=GNLgfAPRcnyB0i/cIiTckNaOE4bkGAfOoZZ0zK7AOhs=; b=rK5y1wquOlS6QdhYKcNesPPyO1dHdXJYGDXzSubXNzaEWJMNJ7zZhHQWBjwM2p2TxxL bcYWABEPOopUmz6PlUoiHNKSZPrPs+DTsTD9ncCd108anfbFglGRLKxLgB/UO+TU27UqR OyYPVifgaIlqP45KubEXPO+WBm+XLuADofw=
At least for me it now contains more information, but I still do not
understand how this option actually works. bootdev contains a drive ID,
but which one is chosen by Hatari? Is it always C?
> Hopefully this is better:
> - Eero
> On 10/23/2016 07:45 PM, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > Hi,
> > The manual says "Check "Boot from HD" if you want Hatari to execute the
> > AUTO folder on the hard disk."
> > Take care
> > Uwe
> >> Hi,
> >> On 10/22/2016 09:38 PM, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> >>> I noticed that the Hatari manual is not yet up to date as far as the
> >>> "Hard disks" settings are concerned.
> >>> Wouldn't it be better to rename the "Boot from HD" option to "Execute
> >>> AUTO folder", because this option is not really related to booting, but
> >>> to a later phase of the initialization process?
> >> What the option (eventually) does, is set TOS bootdev (0x446)
> >> value i.e. what is the boot drive. It's not related to AUTO
> >> folder.
> >> - Eero