Re: [hatari-devel] order change in "machine type" enum

On 06/08/2016 08:45 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
However, I did not add additional logic for the memory snapshots - they
have never been portable between releases anyway, so I don't think we've
got a real issue here, do we?

We could also have some incremental number indicating
incompatible devel version snapshots, e.g. of format
"dev-01" (to keep it within current 6 byte limit).

Just silently changing snapshot contents in incompatible
ways  without changing snapshot format version can result
in mystery bugs / wasted debugging effort.