Re: [hatari-devel] DSP Question REP instruction

On 28 Apr 2016 at 0:33, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:

> I've just detected a difference between Hatari DSP and real falcon DSP code.
>
> I wrote the following code :
>

>              rep        #3
>              lsl        a         #>-1000,b
>
>              sub        a,b
>

> The result was "as expected" under hatari but my code executed wrong on
> the real falcon.
>
> Does it mean that REP must only be followed by a single word instruction ?

In the DSP56000/DSP56001 User's Manual, page A-185, the description of the REP
instruction begins:
"Repeat the single-word instruction immediately following the REP instruction
the specified number of times."   The words "single-word instruction" are in
bold type.

Roger Burrows