Re: [hatari-devel] no more sound in falcon ?

Nicolas,

Since the OS X version has always had problems with the Falcon emulation (it was silent in the 1.9 release version and it is still silent), I tested using the Windows version.

I could not run the Windows released version of Hatari_falcon.exe. It locked up when I tried to reboot with TOS 4.04. It did work with other TOS versions but that did not help when testing the Falcon. Anyway, I get sounds with both the December 2nd and December 22nd snapshots.

However, if we are talking Falcon compatibility, I have never been able to get Of Lasers and Men to get past the title screen. After I hit the Space bar for the second time, the system just locks up. On the Mac, I never even get the background music that I hear in Windows. I have not mentioned it before because I really do not use Falcon emulation in Hatari. It appears to have problems under OS X. I am guessing there are still problems with even the most current SDL 2 OS X port.

Anyway, I wanted to report my experiences.

Bob C