Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling NatFeats

> But we are talking about emulators here, not about real hardware. There is no emulator for the FireBee. FireBee users will probaly use HDDRIVER, were SCSI support is already available.

Not sure what you mean with SCSI support for the FireBee. If you think
of a SCSI Driver: There is none for the FireBee, neither for SCSI nor
for other interfaces, as far as I know.

> But the problem is that you might have a regular file on the host attached to e.g. the emulators SCSI interface. It does not make sense (if at all possible) to use the hosts sg-interface to access that file, if the atari side decides to send SCSI command to access it. Instead the natfeat would have to look at every command and try to translate it to something meaningful. In that case it might make more sense to tell the SCSI driver that this "device" should not be accessed by SCSI, so the driver (or EmuTOS or whoever) can fallback to use the XHDI method. It might make sense though to access real devices like cdroms or anything else.

No, you cannot access regular files with the SCSI Driver. But that's
not the intention of this driver interface anyway. It's about device
access only. Everything else runs on top of it. Any you cannot fall back
to XHDI, because XHDI does not support the same features the SCSI Driver
does. It not a replacement.

> If your patch gets accepted, you might also consider to implement it in Aranym, too. If you need any help with this, let me know.

Thank you, the time may come when I accept this offer. But first of all
everything should be running properly with Hatari, and there is still
some work to be done.

Take care

Uwe