Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling NatFeats

XHDI is much more limited than the SCSI Driver, which is the more modern
approach. XHDI can only be used for accessing block devices, and even
then it is limited to 32 bit sector numbers. With the SCSI Driver you can
send SCSI commands to any device, not just SCSI. It's basically the
equivalent of the sg interface.
XHDI is typically implemented on top of a SCSI Driver, like it is done
by HDDRIVER and (most likely) also by CBHD. And these drivers also run
on top of existing SCSI Drivers, in which case they automatically
provide XHDI for block devices managed by the SCSI Driver.
The most recent implementation of a SCSI driver is the one Alan Hourihane
provides for his Unicorn USB adapter. Another implementation is the one for
Milan PCI SCSI. And of course those for MagiCMac and MagiCPC.

See http://hddriver.seimet.de/en/downloads.html for links to all these
specifications.

Take care

Uwe