|Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling NatFeats|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: "hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling NatFeats
- From: Thorsten Otto <halgara@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:43:12 +0000 (UTC)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.de; s=s2048; t=1439811793; bh=YZm/hCRjEugffO0J1NUOQQrm2VijEf2Pa/L+7OkE4os=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject; b=SV2pA9z7xKFsfDr0jn/j15iF4J5SYVxmp9wDw0H6VNUGm92/eKVJo1HnRiGPpdftt3edvsx09SBTIfDup4622xhx0g+GXVkc0625Z/0SeEF/K9ASKlmAIRtQh1cmRQiBNmpAZsq++M54hLLr7xUIlJCrzciA3gCEvBQGBbeslYWS555GdO6bU0pxYJs3TUvgpHJ3ymJNtEvlq4gXLf5WZH9nqQYyYsQPgMK+V3qIs6AoFkdSplnNfnaBaplcY0+csyWhcj2wfhr2E3Ta2BloNJ/L7P7kkRpr6c6qW40tfsL31vQbN1oUbNvR2tuRVOo+UP96LifBXxGGkDtuxhCmtQ==
> Looks to me as if the existing features are mainly related to the debugger..
Thats maybe because Hatari does not need anything else yet. There are quite some more features implemented in eg. Aranym.
> is there a preferred way of doing that, some kind of extension point, some guideline?
I dont't think that there is a general guideline. There are is bit of documentation on Native Features Intro [ARAnyM Wiki]
that covers the basic features. Most features use sub-id 0 to identify their interface version, and i would recommend to do this for any new feature. Anything else largely depends on what your feature implements.
Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 18:44 Sonntag, 16.August 2015:
Next question ;-). Is there any suggested way how to extend the current
natfeats? Looks to me as if the existing features are mainly related to the
debugger. If I wanted to add additional features, is there a preferred
way of doing that, some kind of extension point, some guideline?
> On 16 Aug 2015 at 17:56, Uwe Seimet wrote:
> > Are special compiler options required when compiling Hatari in order to
> > enable the NatFeats feature? Opcode $7300 results in an exception via
> > vector $10, but I would have expected the availability of NatFeats to be
> > signalled, i.e. no exception. (The code is running in supervisor mode.)
> Did you use "--natfeats true" on the Hatari command line?
> Roger Burrows