[hatari-devel] PSG and Centronics (parallel port)

I'm trying to figure out Centronics port handling on real Atari hardware, so I
thought I'd check PSG handling in Hatari.  I browsed the psg.c module online
and the comments indicate that if bit3 of PSG portA is set, the Centronics port
is in input mode (although the code does nothing in this case anyway).  Is this
correct, and is this documented anywhere (else :-)) ?

Assuming this is correct, am I right in believing that it would only apply to
the Falcon?  I think that earlier machines didn't support a bidirectional
parallel port, and this bit is an RS232 pin on those machines.