Re: [hatari-devel] Data cache Issues?

I still have to test Bests of Rage, but I haven't got enough time, so, tonight.

Laurent

----- Mail original -----
De: "Laurent Sallafranque" <laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx>
À: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé: Jeudi 2 Juillet 2015 13:15:34
Objet: Re: [hatari-devel] Data cache Issues?

 > did you also check your 2 games and your recent demo ? Do they still
work ?

The silly 2K14 invtro works well (the sound has some gliches and cracks
here and there that I didn't hear with the previous hatari version),
certainly because of the CPU / DSP timings (MP2 player/DSP)
The demo works from beginning to the end.

Tere ra'i : same remark for the sound. It's OK with very little glitches
and cracks here and there (MP2 player/DSP).
The demo runs too fast on some screens (1 VBL less than on the real
hardware), which generates some long pauses between the effects (visible
on the spaceships screen, on the hyperspace tunnel), the end of the
marsian flight near the pyramid, the little man walking, ...)
As I use time synchros between the effects, it's really visible that the
demo runs too fast and waits between effects.

The demo works from beginning to the end.

Racer 2 : Works (I've tested only one race), again, it seems to run
faster than on the real hardware (I would say at least 1 VBL).
The sound is cracling too but it's a mod player / DSP.
Whith the pevious versions of Hatari, sometimes the music was OK,
sometimes noisy (this was already discussed).
The new release seems not to decrease nor increase  the sound quality here.

All in all, everything works well for my programs ;)

Regards

Laurent